Nascent RDO is a Non-governmental organization working in Kenya and Uganda. The main goal of Nascent RDO is to impact the lives of underserved men and women with an emphasis on young people. Our key agenda is to facilitate a more meaningful engagement between interventions and communities. We aim to enable the development of interventions and practices that are respectful and inclusive of local perspectives and knowledge.
Research is a key component of our work and an avenue through which we seek to provide evidence-based practice on how local perspectives play a key role in sustainable development. Our main programs are in the areas of gender and education, social protection, child labor, gender-based violence, economic empowerment, sexual reproductive health and rights, and Early Childhood Care and Development.
Scope of the task
Nascent RDO as a research organization from time to time undertakes contextually relevant research in SubSahara Africa. In order to achieve this goal, we would like to work with qualified and enthusiastic research associates from different parts of Africa. We are looking for researchers with skills in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Children and Youth Programming and Policy focus, Gender, and Education to join our pool of researchers
- Develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
- Develop proposals in response to relevant Terms of Reference.
- Develop research work plans according to project needs.
- Develop Inception Reports
- Conduct Literature Review, scoping and Synthesis
- Develop Quantitative and Qualitative Research protocols and tools
- Conduct survey both online and face to face using tools online data survey tools
- Conduct FGDs, Interviews using other participatory methods
- Data analysis using either SPSS or Nvivo or other qualitative data analysis including thematic analysis
- Research Report Writing and Presentations
- Dissemination of various research
- Any other duties as pertains research projects.
Personal Qualities and skills needed for this role
- NRDO is looking for a person who has strong knowledge and skills in research particularly the social
- NRDO believes in building the capacity of its staff and associates and we are therefore looking for a person
with a learning and teachable spirit
- Evidence of skills in report writing, literature synthesis, conducting FGD, Interviews, Surveys.
- Effective Communication skills (spoken and written). Evidence of publications will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Self-driven and takes initiative
- Timeliness in the delivery of assigned tasks
- High level of Integrity
- Capacity to work independently and/or with minimal supervision.
- Ability to represent the institution in meetings and to clients
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Masters of Arts in the Social Sciences, specialization in Development, Children and Youth Studies, Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender and some experience and interest in carrying out research and excellent skills in report writing and proposal fundraising.
- This is an output-oriented task where the research Associate will be engaged when there is a research project available and matched to their skills. Compensation commensurate with efforts and skills and based on the grant requirements will be offered.
Contact and Communication
- The reporting officer for this assignment is Executive Director
Expression of Interest
Nascent RDO requests interested applicants to submit an application letter including a CV by 12th March, 17:00
hrs, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should be sent to the Executive Director Subject Head: Research Associate.
Nascent RDO is an equal opportunity employer and follows through a fair and competitive process to recruit employees and associates in all its assignment. We strongly discourage canvassing for any of the advertised positions.